2301 First Avenue
Hibbing, MN 55746
One of my go-to places for a quick vegetarian lunch is the Rhythm Deli. Located on First Avenue in Hibbing, the Rhythm Deli is a nice little eatery that offers a number of meat-free options.The menu is reasonably priced and includes Sub Sandwiches, Wraps, Paninis, Salads, and Take “n” Bake Pizzas. Since this is a vegetarian blog only the meat free items will be reviewed. However, a full listing of the Rhythm Deli’s offerings can be found on their website or by clicking here.
The Rhythm Deli is located in the same building that used to house The Pizza Mill and Sub Station. Growing up on Hibbing’s West Side back in the 80’s, I have many fond memories of walking down to the deli’s predecessor during the summertime with my family. We would pick up freshly made pizzas, and bring them home to cook. These are memories that can be found in the simplicity of a warm summer’s night and the first bite of a freshly baked pizza. Slice of nostalgia, anyone?
I sometimes miss those days, but the Rhythm Deli still offers take and bake pizzas as well as a plethora of other options to choose from.
The Vegetarian Offerings:
None of these options are marked specifically as vegetarian on the menu.
- Avocado and Cucumber Wrap – Avocado, cucumber, green onion, spinach, cheese and ranch dressing combine to make up this delicious wrap.
- Caprese Panini – Basil, tomato, and mozzarella panini with a balsamic vinaigrette dressing.
- Greek Salad – Greek style salad with romaine lettuce, onion, tomato, black olives, cucumber, green peppers, banana peppers, feta cheese, and a Greek dressing.
- Caprese Salad – Salad version of the Caprese Panini except that it also includes avocado and is made with romaine lettuce (panini bread not included).
- Sub Sandwiches – You can design your sandwich. Just ask them to hold the meat, please!
- Take “n” Bake Pizza – The Pizza is put together while you wait, so you can request the toppings you would like. There isn’t a vegetarian pizza listed specifically on the menu, but they will make one upon request.
On this particular trip to The Rhythm Deli, I ordered the Greek Salad and a single serving bag of Sun Chips. I got my order to go, but there are some tables by window to sit at if you choose to eat in-house. The service was very fast and efficient. I only waited what seemed like a few minutes, and then I was on my way.
The Greek Salad is by far my favorite offering at the Rhythm Deli. It is comprised of romaine lettuce, onion, tomato, black olives, cucumber, green peppers, banana peppers, feta cheese, and is topped with a tasty Greek dressing. The first time that I tried the Greek Salad I was a little weary of the banana peppers. I had previously only tried the tangy yellow pepper on pizza, but I must say that it makes the salad. It’s a delicious combination! The salad dressing comes on the side, which I love because you can add as little or as much as you would like. Unfortunately, the picture above doesn’t do the salad full justice since I ordered it sans tomato. However, the salad tasted great -the lettuce was fresh, the veggies delicious, and the feta cheese, sprinkled delicately over the lettuce was just the perfect amount.
I recently ordered a Take “n” Bake Pizza from the deli for the first time. Having asked if the pizza sauce used was meat-free, and after receiving a reassuring “yes” I decided to order a cheese pizza with banana peppers. They quickly put together the pizza while I waited, and then I brought it back with me and baked it in the comfort of my home.
The Pizza was wrapped up neatly and adorned with the deli’s logo and cooking instructions.
I baked the pizza according to the directions. The large slices of cheese melted nicely over the banana peppers.
The finished product turned out great! It was a rainy day – so a warm slice of pizza fresh out of the oven was just the thing!
All in all, I highly suggest the Rhythm Deli if you find yourself in Hibbing and in search of some meat-free lunch options.This is one of my favorite places for lunch because not only is the service fast and friendly, but they have a number of healthy meatless menu choices.